Posts Tagged ‘Counterterrorism’
But who’ll protect us from Hillary Clinton?:
Twenty-nine countries from around the world, plus the European Union, on Thursday launched a new multilateral organisation dedicated to fighting terrorism.
The new group will become “a counterterrorism network that is as nimble and adaptive as our adversaries,” US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton said at the inaugural meeting of the Global Counterterrorism Forum, or GCTF.
“Let us pledge to learn as much as we can from one another,” she said at the meeting in a New York hotel on the margins of this week’s United Nations General Assembly.
The United States and Turkey will be the initial co-chairs of the group’s coordinating committee.
Major nations from Africa, Asia, the Middle East and Europe are members of the group, which includes leading Muslim nations like Egypt and Pakistan as well as emerging economic powers like China. Read the rest of this entry »
Thanks to our good friends at the YouTube Smackdown Corps for these instructions. Read up – and get flagging!
How to (anonymously to the user) flag a terrorist video.
First click on the video that concerns you. Then:
- If you have not already done so, log in to YouTube. If you don’t have an account, you won’t be able to flag.
- If you see a ‘Confirm Birth Date’ button, click on it. It’s your agreement that you are 18 or over
- If you don’t want to watch, when the video appears, STOP or PAUSE it a few seconds after it has launched . If you choose to watch, we can tell you that you need a strong stomach. Many of these videos are offensive, graphic, and very upsetting to some
- Just below and to the right of the video, click on the flag. This opens another view that gives you the option to “Select a Reason” as to why you are flagging this video
- Choose: “Violent Repulsive Content” >> “Promotes Terrorism”
“Hateful or Abusive Content” >>”Promotes Hatred or Violence”
- Where it says – “Please indicate the group attacked” choose – “ethnic origin” “national origin” “religion” or “veterans status”
- You can also use the additional information section below this, to voice your outrage, or disgust, or even simple comments such as – “It is unlawful to host terrorist videos on US Servers!” or “I can’t believe that you stream these videos for terrorist recruiters.”
- When you’re done, go back up to the middle of the box and click “Flag This Video”.
A green (currently) box pops up and says – “Thank you for sharing your concerns” or some other message indicating you are done
Also useful is to let Google/YouTube know which terror organisation is being promoted. Below are a couple of resources which identify flags often used to either decorate the user’s channel page or in the videos themselves.
The US State Department’s list of designated FTOs (Foreign Terrorist Organisations)
Sunni insurgency groups (Iraq) – this may be a little dated but still worth checking.
Now get to work – and don’t forget to write in and tell us how you got on!
The ties between Leftists, international organised crime and Islamic terrorism persists. And for Americans – with Hezbollah in Mexico working with drug cartels – it’s now far closer to home than perhaps they ever thought:
Islamic terrorist groups are setting up shop in Mexico and forming alarming ties with the country’s brutal drug cartels, according to a 2010 internal memo from the Tucson Police Department.
The memo, leaked by the hacker group LulzSec as part of its Arizona Department of Public Safety hack, warns that Hezbollah has established operations — and a large arms stockpile — in Mexico. Read the rest of this entry »
Really? We could have told them that, but it’s nice to have it corroborated:
Most of the major terrorist plots against the West since 2004 had links to Pakistan, including two that targeted Canada, says a study to be released today by a U.S. think tank.
In just over half of the 32 “serious” plots identified in the New America Foundation study, the participants had received either training or direction from jihadists in Pakistan.
The findings underscore Pakistan’s role as al-Qaeda’s primary safe haven, despite recent concerns about countries like Yemen, writes investigative journalist Paul Cruickshank, the study’s author. Read the rest of this entry »
The Israeli mother-of-six who scares terrorists and their supporters and funders (including former World’s Worst US President Ever Dhimmi Carter) far more than any Western government could:
Terrorists are not noted for their respect for law, but an Israeli lawyer says she has seriously dented their operations by suing them in Western courts and seizing their assets.
Nitsana Darshan-Leitner says her Israel Law Centre has collected $120 million for victims of terrorism, put liens on $600 million more, and won judgments for more than $1 billion against such groups as Hamas, Hezbollah, the governments of Iran and North Korea and banks that service terrorists.
”We go after the funds of terrorist groups, taking away their oxygen. If you stop the flow of money you can stop the flow of terrorism,” Ms Darshan-Leitner said yesterday. Read the rest of this entry »