An irreverent but informative explanation of terms, words and expressions that may be unfamiliar to some readers
This was originally started by our good friend Patrick O’ Brien, in his excellent, but sadly now defunct US Counter-jihad blog, Clarity & Resolve. It is our intention that his original work will grow and be nurtured by us; and prove to be a comprehensive and invaluable guide to those wishing to understand in depth what we are fighting against. If you’d like to suggest an addition, please get in touch using the contact form.
Disclaimer: If you can’t handle Islam being criticised and even ridiculed here and there, if you adhere blindly to Far Left ideology, if you take offence with politically incorrect—but honest—realism; or if you have no sense of humour, please leave the glossary now and proceed to IslamOnline, Indymedia, the nearest “peace” rally, or the neighbourhood mosque, where you will be in your element. Thanks!
- The glossary is in alphabetical order
- Words or terms that are both included in this glossary, and used in the definition of another word or term will be denoted in bold, followed by (q.v.) – quod vide (Latin) – term defined elsewhere. When you see this, you’ll know that the word/term is listed elsewhere in the glossary, and you can look its meaning up there if you need to
- Unless self-evident, we will point out the ethnic origin of a word parenthetically after the word is listed, and before its definition, e.g., Qur’an (Arabic):
- As per the notation of ethnic provenance of a word/term explained above, Amer. colloq. or Brit. colloq. simply means that the indicated word/term is American or British English, etc. slang.
- Adhan (Arabic): The Islamosupremacist call to prayer, heard five times per day to… call people to pray. The adhan is a nasal-sounding, dissonant, aural affront. It is traditionally called from a minaret (spire) of a mosque by a human (a muezzin or muadhdhin in Arabic), although, it is now increasingly broadcast from mosque loudspeakers – like in Hamtramck, Michigan, or Oxford, England (where as you might expect, it has the full blessing of the local Anglican Bishop – see Dhimmi, Useful Idiot ), for example. Here are the words:
Allah is the Greatest, Allah is the Greatest. Allah is the Greatest, Allah is the Greatest. I bear witness that there is none worthy of worship but Allah. I bear witness that there is none worthy of worship but Allah. I bear witness that Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah. I bear witness that Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah. Hasten to the Prayer, hasten to the Prayer. Hasten to real success, hasten to real success. Allah is the Greatest, Allah is the Greatest. There is none worthy of worship but Allah.
The line hasten to real success is instrumental in Islam and is central to its self-image of supremacy and its ambitions of conquest.
- Allah (Arabic): God. The boss of Islam (q.v.). He likes to see the bloodshed of anyone who doesn’t follow his religion. He is so omnipotent and awesome that he has 99 names. He released a book about Himself and His creation 1400 years ago called the Qur’an (q.v.).
- Al-Beeb (Brit., colloq.) The biased, Muslim-loving, left-leaning British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC). Also used is al-BBCeera.
- Allahu Akbar (Arabic): “God is great,” “God is the greatest.” The Muslim Student Association (MSA), a Saudi Salafi (q.v.) mouthpiece, has an interesting definition:
This statement is said by Muslims numerous times. During the call for prayer, during prayer, when they are happy… when they slaughter an animal [or an infidel - ed.]… Actually it is most said [sic] expression in the world [It is? - ed.]. Its meaning: “Allah is the Greatest.” Muslims praise Allah in every aspect of life; and as such they say ‘Allahu Akbar’. Example: ‘Allahu akbar, Kuffar‘ (‘q.v.).
- Alhamdulilah (Arabic): First part of Alhamdulilah rabbil ‘alameen, which means, “Praise be to God, the Lord of the worlds.”
- Allah ta’ala (Arabic): God, the exalted
- Amir (Arabic): leader, commander
- Al-Hijra (Arabic): the migration of the Prophet Muhammad and his followers to the city of Medina in 622. Also refers to the deliberate Muslim strategy of Jihad (q.v.) by emigration
- Am Yisra’el Chai (Hebrew): The people of Israel live/are alive. And they flew three F-16s over Auschwitz-Birkenau in combat formation in 2003, bitches.
- Assalamu alaikum (Arabic): Standard Muslim greeting; means, “Peace be upon you.” It is usually answered with Wa ‘alaikumus salam, which means, “And upon you is the peace.”. This response is not normally used by Muslims to non-Muslims.
- Arafat 2.0: Mahmoud Abbas (aka by his nom de guerre, Abu Mazen), the leader of the Palestinian Authority—a non-existent state. He is called Arafat 2.0 because, while the world lauds him for some sort of miraculous democratic spirit the man does not possess, he is every bit as vile and insidious as his predecessor.
- Bid’a (Arabic): Innovation, introducing anything new into the religion—strongly prohibited in Islam
- CAIR: The Council on American-Islamic Relations. U.S. Muslim lobby group and deceitful mouthpiece of Islamic terror in the USA. The Sinn Fein of violent jihad. To learn about CAIR, check out Anti-CAIR.
- Call to prayer: See Adhan (q.v.).
- Carbecue: Quasi-ceremonial burning of motor vehicles, usually carried out by Muslims, and in particular Youths (q.v.), usu. in protest at perceived slights. See also Victimology.
- Car swarm (Amer., Brit. colloq.): Refers to the bizarre sociological phenomenon which occurs when ‘Palestinian’ Arabs gather in a large, angry mob around a car which, along with its terrorist occupants, has just been blown to pieces by an Israeli hellfire rocket (usually fired from an attack helicopter). There is also usually a Shambulance (q.v.) in attendance or close by.
- Community Cohesion (Brit.) The name under which various Muslim criminal enterprises, such as the sexual grooming of young girls for Mulslim elders in parts of Britain; or covering Muslim collaboration with Nazis in WW2 are covered up and censored by multiculturalists to avoid Muslim violence. Apparently, the only way communities will be ‘cohesive’ is if we hush up examples of their appalling behaviour.
- Dar al-Islam (Arabic): “House/domain of submission.” A term signifying lands under Muslim control. dar al-Harb, dar al-Kufr: “House of War,” “House of Disbelief.” Used to to designate the lands of infidels. dar al-Ahd: “House of the Treaty, or Truce.” Lands that are controlled by infidels, but which are not presently at war with Muslims. Dar al-Fitna is sometimes used to describe lands where Muslims are perceived to be under direct threat.
- Da’wah (Arabic): The peaceful invitation to Islam for infidels; missionary work. Often used in lands where jihad is impracticable.
- Death Cult, The (Amer. colloq.): A truthful, if blunt and politically incorrect, nickname for Islam (q.v.),. Also sardonically referred to as the Religion of Peace™.
- Death Cultist (Amer. colloq.): a Muslim (q.v.)
- Dhimmi (Arabic): Literally, “protected person.” A Christian, Jew, or Sabian—ahl al-Kitab: people of the book—who live in Muslim lands as second class citizens. They are subjected to paying a poll tax (the Jizya) (q.v.), a land tax, different dress (this is where Hitler got the idea for the yellow Magen David), they cannot testify against a Muslim in a court of law, nor can they hold commercial or social positions higher than that of a Muslim. Dhimmis have been subjected to humiliation, sporadic violence, pogroms, and mass expulsion from Muslim lands throughout Islam’s history.
- Faqih (Arabic): Islamic jurisprudent, expert in Islamic law (shari’ah) (q.v.), pl. fuqaha
- Fatwa (Arabic): Legally binding, religious ruling/proclamation.
- Fem-tent (Amer., Brit., colloq., derog.) Burka, chador, or ofther oppressive Islamic female garment
- Fitna (Arabic): Difficult to translate, but generally used to describe a state of distress, insecurity or anarchy. See Dar al-Fitna (q.v.) Fitna is also the title of an important film made by the Dutch Politician Geert Wilders, which Muslims claim has done much to create an atmosphere of ‘Islamophobia’ (q.v.), yet in fact contains only passages and extracts from the Qur’an and athadith (see Hadith) (q.v.), set to music and video images of Muslim terrorist handiwork.
- Fiqh (Arabic): Islamic jurisprudence, understanding of Islamic law (shari’ah) (q.v.), The five categories of fiqh, and the degree to which Muslims must follow them, are:
- fard: required, obligatory
- mandub: recommended, suggested
- mubah: allowable, acceptable
- makruh: hated, not prohibited, but discouraged
- haraam: prohibited
- Five Pillars of Islam, The: These are the obligatory articles of faith that each Muslim must adhere to. Jihad is proclaimed as the sixth pillar of Islam by most Muslim clerics and Islamic scholars.
- Shahadah: the declaration of faith
La ilaha illa’Llah—There is no god worthy of worship except God Muhammadun rasulu’Llah—and Muhammad is His messenger.
- Salat: prayer
- Zakat: charity for ummah (q.v.), (the Muslim community) in need. Muslim charities are often fronts for terror funding.
- Sawm: fasting and self-purification during the holy month of Ramadan (which is when Muslims believe Muhammad received the revelation of God’s word in the Qur’an)
- Hajj: the pilgrimage to Mecca for those who are able-bodied, and solvent
…Umar ibn al-Khattab, told me: One day we were sitting in the company of Allah’s Apostle (saas) when there appeared before us a man dressed in pure white clothes, his hair extraordinarily black. There were no signs of travel on him. None amongst us recognised him. At last he sat with the Apostle (saas). He knelt before him, placed his palms on his thighs, and said: Muhammad, inform me about al-Islam. The Messenger of Allah (saas) said: Al-Islam implies that you testify that there is no god but Allah and that Muhammad is the messenger of Allah, and you establish prayer, pay Zakat, observe the fast of Ramadan, and perform pilgrimage to the (House) if you are solvent enough (to bear the expense of) the journey. He (the inquirer) said: You have told the truth… —Sahih Muslim Bk 1, No 1
To learn more about the five pillars of Islam, visit this site.
- Shahadah: the declaration of faith
- Green hat/head: A member of Hamas, so-called because of the dopey green baseball caps and green shahada (q.v.) headbands they seem to be so fond of wearing.
- Hadith (Arabic): From MSA:
Reports on the sayings and the traditions of Prophet Muhammad (s.a.w.) or what he witnessed and approved are called Hadith. These are the real explanation, interpretation, and the living example of the Prophet (s.a.w.) for teachings of the Qur’an. His sayings are found in books called the Hadith books. Some famous collectors of Hadith are Imam Al-Bukhari, Imam Muslim, Imam An-Nasa’i, Imam Abu Dawood, Imam At-Tirmizi, and Imam Majah. There are many others.
The hadith are the written collections of the sunnah (q.v.), (sacred traditions), and are interpreted literally, as all debate concerning their veracity was finished over a millennium ago. Collective: ahadith.
- Halaal (Arabic): permitted in Islam
- Haraam (Arabic): prohibited in Islam
- Hudna (Arabic):: Honest Reporting has a good definition of the Arab/Muslim concept of hudna:
Hudna has a distinct meaning to Islamic fundamentalists, well-versed in their history: The prophet Mohammad struck a legendary, ten-year hudna with the Quraysh tribe that controlled Mecca in the seventh century. Over the following two years, Mohammad rearmed and took advantage of a minor Quraysh infraction to break the hudna and launch the full conquest of Mecca, the holiest city in Islam.
In essence, this is religious license to renege on ones word, and to regroup, rearm, and reorganise to attack when ones enemy is lulled into thinking that one will be honest and fulfill one’s side of a truce. This is tactic has been used over and over in Islam’s history, and is used to great effect today by Yasser Arafat, Hamas, Al Aqsa, and other Islamic terrorists all over the world. Recent examples include Fallujah and Najaf. What Westerners need to do is to read Islamic scripture and learn that in Islam there is no concept of permanent submission to any other power than God’s. Treaties mean nothing. Beware the hudna.
- Houri (Arabic): beautiful, chaste/virgin females. The alleged hot totty that’s waiting for you after you blow yourself to smithereens for Allah. We think it’s just marketing talk.
- Imam (Arabic): From MSA:
An Imam is a religious leader. Any person who leads a congregational prayer is called an Imam. A religious leader who also leads his community in the political affairs may be called an Imam, an Amir, or a Caliph. However, an Imam is not infallible [this is anti-Shi'a sentiment --ed.]. He is responsible for his mistakes to all the members of the community and above all he is responsible to Almighty Allah.
- Insh’allah (Arabic): God willing, if God wills it
- Irrational America Hatred Syndrome (IAHS): Any of several mental disorders in which a visceral, spiteful, and unreasonable hatred of America and/or Americans is the primary symptom. Includes: the European resentment of America’s demonstrated ability to proceed unimpeded and unapproved (by Europeans) in geopolitical endeavours deemed necessary to its national security and other interests; Arab/Muslim aversion to the vanguard of secular democracy which is a constant reminder of Islam’s abysmal failure at equipping its adherents with the tools necessary to succeed in the modern world; and of course, the blind, self-effacing antipathy of American leftists who have climbed onto the trendy platform of hating the land they live in and its institutions which provide them with freedom and unparalleled opportunity. IAHS is manifest in other forms as well, but the three above-mentioned disorders, or a combination thereof, are currently the most prevalent. The only effective treatment for IAHS is a simple, yet uncompromising, regimen of good sense, sincere love and appreciation of freedom, and rejection of fashionable, empty, self-defeating leftist philosophy. There is hope—don’t give up.
- IDF: Israel Defence Forces
- Islam (Arabic): The third and last great monotheistic/Abrahamic faith to come out of the Middle East, c. 600 CE. From MSA:
Islam is an Arabic word the root of which is Silm and Salam. It means among others: peace, greeting, salutation, obedience, loyalty, allegiance, and submission to the will of the Creator of the Universe. Islam is the last and final religion to all mankind and to all generations irrespective of colour, race, nationality, ethnic background, language, or social position. The religion of Islam is not to be confused with Mohammedanism. The latter is misnomer to Islam. Muslims do not accept this name as it gives wrong information about Islam and Muslims.
Islam is the most intolerant, violent, arrogant, totalitarian, and problematic religion in mankind’s history. The primary reason for this is the fact that Islam is amazingly resistant to reform. I.e., it is a seventh century socio-politico-religious ideology which may have been acceptable one millennium ago, but is now egregiously incompatible with the modern, secular ideals which have moved the civilised world forward. For more on this “clash of civilisations,” as Samuel P. Huntington has called it, and its causes, see Why do they hate us? (q.v.),This obdurate Muslim denial of Islam’s need to reform is not likely to change anytime soon. Muslims are thoroughly convinced that their faith is the perfect, immutable, revealed word of God, and to alter it in any way would be an abominable blasphemy. Islam is believed by Muslims to be infallible and applicable to all men at all times. Any voices of dissent in Islam are either dead or consigned to doublethink. Blasphemy and apostasy are punishable by death. Islam is extremely totalitarian because its dogma is interpreted literally and is not open to any sort of revision. But it is also totalitarian because it is the most private religion, insinuating itself into the most personal and mundane aspects of a person’s life (how one must urinate, wash, have sex); and the most public religion (containing an entire system of governance on the levels of family, tribe, community, nation, and world). There is no separation of church and state. The ultimate goal of Islam is world dominion through establishment of Khilafah (q.v.), to make all lands dar al-Islam (q.v.), and to make all mankind subject to Islamic law.
- Islamo-: prefix denoting anything to do with Islam (Islamosupremacy, Islamofascism, Islamocrat, etc.)
- Islamofascism: The hard-core, uncompromising, over-the-top application of shari’ah law, offensive jihad, and outright brutality employed by Islamic terrorist thugs.
- Islamophobia: Neologism used by Muslims and their enablers, supposedly to denote ignorance or prejudice against Islam or Muslims. In reality a ‘conversation-stopper’ along the lines of ‘racist’; inspired by Cultural Marxism to ensure that any reasoned debate is cut off in its infancy; thus obviating the need for opponents to demonstrate clear thought, rationale or argumentative skill.
The term ‘Islamophobia’ is itself erroneous. It means ‘an irrational fear of Islam’. For most Westerners, non-Muslims and secular-oriented people, the fear of Islam and Islamisation is perfectly rational.
- Islamosupremacy: This is a term we use to define the pith of Islam, which is the politico-religious endeavour of subduing all of mankind to Allah’s will, until Islam is supreme.
- Islamothug: Islamic terrorist
- Islamocrat: one who enforces, or tries to enforce, Islamic law (shari’ah) (q.v.),, or one who desires to live under such law
- Isolated incident: A euphemistic phrase which is used in the dishonest portrayal of the many and frequent instances of Islamic terror. This deceptive term depicts these acts of terror as aberrations which are more of the exception than the norm. The isolated incidents add up at an alarming rate, though; and even one or two acts of Islamic mass murder are truly atrocious and devastating. This term is very often used in a sentence which looks something like this: The World Trade Center attacks was an isolated incident (q.v.), carried out by extremists who represent a tiny fraction of all Muslims, and do not represent Islam, which is the Religion of Peace. It’s really just P.R./damage control to use such euphemisms. However, they have the unfortunate effect of legitimating terrorism to some extent. Terror should be called terror, and when it is perpetrated by Muslims in Islam’s name, it should be called Islamic terror. Also see taqiyya (q.v.).
- Israel: The historical homeland of the Jewish people. The Jews had established a vibrant culture and society in Eretz Yisra’el (the land of Israel) some two thousand years before the advent of Islam, which brought Arab invaders to colonise the land. After being cast out en masse by the Romans, the Jewish Diaspora wandered from nation to nation, always as the “unwanted guests” (although Jews never stopped living in Israel). With the advent of modern Zionism (q.v.), Jews began to make aliyah (return to Israel), buying plots of land, and re-establishing their nation. The Jews are the only people to have ever formed a national identity in Israel. For more details, see Myths & Facts Online: A Guide to the Arab-Israeli Conflict. Israel is the West’s only ally in the Middle East, and they are arguably our most important ally in the world. Israel belongs to the Jews, including Gaza and Judea/Samaria (q.v.).
- Jihad (Arabic): Islamic holy war to spread Allah’s religion Just for laughs, go check out the MSA version, which, by the way, is a form of taqiyya (q.v.),. Jihad is primarily the offensive spread of Islam and/or expansion of its territorial borders through violent force of arms. This is called jihad al mubadahah (offensive jihad). It is sanctioned in the Qur’an (q.v.), in the hadith (q.v.) and in Islamic law. It is utilised when the peaceful offer of conversion to Islam is refused. Jihad is incumbent on all able-bodied Muslims, and to die in jihad as a Shahid (q.v.), fighting the infidels in God’s name, is regarded as the highest honour. Defensive jihad to expel kuffar (q.v.), from Muslim lands is called Jihad al-dafa’ah. The ´Umdat al-Salik manual of Islamic fiqh (q.v.), is clear on jihad:
o9.0 JIHAD Jihad means to war against non-Muslims, and is etymologically derived from the word mujahada, signifying warfare to establish the religion. The scriptural basis for jihad, prior to scholarly consensus (def: b7) is such Koranic verses as: “Fighting is prescribed for you” (Koran 2:216); “Slay them wherever you find them” (Koran 4:89); “Fight the idolators [infidels —ed.] utterly” (Koran 9:36); and such hadiths as the one related by Bukhari and Muslim that the Prophet (Allah bless him and give him peace) said: “I have been commanded to fight people until they testify that there is no god but Allah and that Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah, and perform the prayer, and pay zakat. If they say it, they have saved their blood and possessions from me, except for the rights of Islam over them. And their final reckoning is with Allah”; and the hadith reported by Muslim, “To go forth in the morning or evening to fight in the path of Allah is better than the whole world and everything in it.”
- Jihad denied: This is when a Western (most often American and Israeli) or other anti-jihad power—particularly military— frustrates and/or halts the progression of Islam’s totalitarian and violent conquests.
- Jihadi: We’re pretty sure that this is just a anglicised form of mujahid (q.v.)
- Jizya (Arabic): This is the poll tribute tax that infidels must pay for being allowed to live in the Islamic state (such infidels are called dhimmis ) (q.v.). It is often paid in a humiliating manner, with the Jew or Christian being made to enter the tax collector’s office with eyes to the ground, and then being struck in the face or on the back of the neck while paying.
Fight against those to whom the Scriptures were given as believe in neither God nor the Last Day, who do not forbid what God and His apostle have forbidden, and do not embrace the true Faith, until they pay tribute out of hand and are utterly subdued. —Qur’an 9:29
- Judea/Samaria: The area in Israel most often referred to as the “West Bank.”
- Kafir (Arabic, derog.): infidel, non-Muslim (from kufr: disbelief in Allah); plural: kuffar
- Khalif (Arabic): The successor of Muhammad and the mortal representative of God’s law. Referred to as “God’s shadow on Earth,” he is the leader/head of state for the entire Muslim ummah (q.v.), and must lead them in the campaign of making all the world Islamic. The English word is “Caliph.”
- Keffiyeh (Arabic): Arab head-dress as was always seen on Yasser Arafat (ironed into the shape of Israel); also a favourite of Islamic Arab terrorists worn wrapped around the head and face so that only the eyes are shown
- Keffiyeh Kid: The young useful idiots of Islam and jihad. These dumb/misguided, self-hating Western kids have got it into their heads that the causes of ‘Palestine’ and Jihad are noble and just. They are generally from a middle class background; away at university wasting their parents’ money; they are in thrall to mindless far left principles; and they congregate at pro-’Palestine’/anti-Israel marches, ‘peace rallies, and anti-America/Britain protests. When gathered in these groups, they are often seen wearing a fresh, new keffiyeh (q.v.), in solidarity with the Islamic terrorists and Jew-hating lunatics they so avidly support. Wearing the Keffiyeh (or high-street derivatives thereof) was also a brief fashion fad in Britain last Summer (2008). Nice.
- Khilafah (Arabic): One, worldwide Islamic state. The form of government prescribed for all Muslims, and indeed for all the world, according to Islam. It entails the implementation of Shari’ah (q.v.), law, and the obligation to bring all of mankind into Islam. The English word is “Caliphate.”
- Khutba (Arabic): sermon given at Jumu’ah (Friday) and Eid prayers
- Kitman (Arabic): Lying by omission; dissimulation or concealment of one’s true intent. Allah-sanctioned fibbing.
- Madrassa (Arabic): (Usually) Saudi-funded religious schools, mainly based in Pakistan and Bangladesh, although they are beginning to spread into India and other south Asian nations. The curriculum is overwhelmingly centred around Qur’anic and hadith studies with a strong emphasis on the obligation and nobility of jihad against the kuffar (q.v.). With no secular education available for many young Muslim boys, attending a madrasah is the only option. The end result is a young man who has memorised the entire Qur’an by rote in Arabic (even if he can’t speak Arabic) and who hates the West with a fiery passion.
- Masjid (Arabic): Mosque. The bridgeheads of Islam – not to be equated with churches or synagogues. The three most important mosques to Muslims are:
- Al Masjid al-Haaram (The Mosque of Sanctuary, located in Mecca)
- Al Masjid al-Nabawi (The Prophet’s Mosque, located in Medina)
- Al Masjid al-Aqsa (The Furthest Mosque, located in Jerusalem), which is built upon the Temple Mount, stolen from the Jews
- Mini-khilafa (Amer. colloq.): the various small Islamostates scattered throughout the world where shari’ah (q.v.), law is largely adhered to, or at least enforced through the mujahideen (q.v.),
- Moonbat (Amer. colloq.): A derisive term for a person who holds zealously to far left ideology. I have no idea where this word came from originally. Also sometimes called leftards or leftocrats.
- Moral relativism: the bankrupt notion that there is no good/bad, right/wrong dichotomy, but rather, differing views on what is good and what is bad. This is especially dangerous thinking in a world which is growing ever more connected through globalisation and technology.
- Mosque: See Masjid
- MSM: The mainstream media. Used to describe major media outlets, for exmple national radio, newspapers and broadcasters such as the BBC, CNN, etc. The “big three” wire services of the MSM are Reuters, The Associated Press, and Agence France-Presse. Much of the MSM has a decidedly left-leaning bias and is often pro-Arab, pro-Islam, and anti-America, anti Britain and anti-Israel in their ostensibly impartial news reporting.
- Muhammad or Mohammed: Allah’s number one homeboy. The last prophet. The inventor of Islam. A truly unsavoury character who engaged in, among other forms of foul behaviour, mass murder, paedophilia, treachery, polygyny, lying, theft, and rapine. We probably just earned ourselves a couple of fatwas (q.v.), for portraying Muhammad as he truly was. Never mind.
- Mujahid (Arabic): Holy warrior; one who fights to defend or expand Muslim lands. plural: mujahideen Also called jihadi(s) (q.v.).
- Mullahcracy (Amer. colloq.): Iran, which is a theocracy ruled by mullahs (learned men of Islamic doctrine and shari’ah (q.v.), law)
- Multiculturalism: On its face, the idea of multiculturalism seems a good one. It implies that we can respect each others’ cultural differences instead of allowing them to cause divisiveness and conflict. However, multiculturalism has gone wrong. Terribly wrong. With its best friends, political correctness (q.v.) and moral relativism (q.v.), – and with the help of dedicated Marxists – multiculturalism has fostered an environment which has produced exactly what it was originally intended to prevent: namely, divisiveness and conflict. This comes in the form of a flat refusal of many immigrant groups—most notably, ones from Muslim lands—to assimilate into their host societies, thus creating fragmentation and friction in these respective societies. Also, multiculturalism, moral relativism and political correctness have breathed new life into the hollow leftist concepts of the noble savage and the blank slate, resulting in a social climate which prohibits us from acknowledging when one culture’s set of norms and customs is superior to those of another—e.g., equality of the sexes in the secular West compared to complete subjugation of women in Muslim nations. In relation to Islam, multiculturalism is a categorical failure since Muslims are convinced that their culture came from God, thus conferring upon them the option—the obligation, actually—to hold any other way of life in contempt. I.e., for Muslims, the idea of multiculturalism is not feasible.
- Murtad (Arabic): apostate; one who turns their back on Allah, and leaves Islam. The punishment for apostasy in Islam is death. plural: murtadeen
- Mushrik (Arabic): A polytheist. A person who ascribes partners to Allah. Someone who holds man’s law as equal to or above God’s law as revealed in the Qur’an (q.v.) and hadith (q.v.). plural: mushrikeen, mushriqeen
- Muslim Adherent of Islam.
Muslim Brotherhood, The (Muslim Brethren, Muslim Brothers) (Arabic: Jamiat al-Ikhwan al-Muslimeen; lit., Society of the Muslim Brothers): Founded in Egypt, in 1928 by Hassan al-Banna, the Muslim Brotherhood was a reflexive—and violent—answer to impinging Western secularism in the Muslim world. With Sayyid Qutb, who some call Osama bin Laden’s ideological/spiritual inspiration, al-Banna drew upon the writings of Ibn Taimiyah and offered a wholly Islamic response to Egypt’s pro-Western stance at the time. They soon grew to be the pre-eminent Islamic terrorist squad. The Muslim Brotherhood constructed the template upon which all modern Islamic terror groups are modelled, formed, and operated. Ayman al-Zawahiri, Abdullah Azzam, Osama bin Laden—they all were indoctrinated with this poison. From the Muslim Brotherhood sprang other fanatical and lethal terror groups, like Islamic Jihad, Hamas, and Jamaat-i-Islami. There seems to currently be some discontent with them among some of the younger upstarts, but one may rest assured that the Brothers are still crucial power players in the Islamic movements of the Middle East, Northern Africa, Europe, here in America, and around the world. The Brothers’ motto:
Allah is our objective. The Prophet is our leader. Qur’an is our law. Jihad is our way. Dying in the way of Allah is our highest hope.
If this sort of ideology seems at all familiar to you, there’s a reason.
- Oil Tick (Amer., colloq.): A derisive term for the Saudi and Emirates royals who, much like a tick and blood, lead a parasitical existence off the proceeds from the Middle East’s oil reserves.
- ‘Palestine’: Defunct province of the Ottoman empire, now divided into Israel (q.v.), and Jordan.
- ‘Palestinians’: There is no such race or ethnic/national group. Israel is the land of the Jews and Jordan is populated by Arabs (the same people who claim to be ‘Palestinians’). The people who claim to be ‘Palestinians’ are actually the descendants of Arab invaders/colonists and have no rightful claim to Israel (q.v.), which is the ancient homeland of the Jews.
- ‘Palestinian’ Arab: A person living in Israel, north-eastern Egypt, or Jordan, who is descended from the Arabs who invaded and conquered Israel shortly after the advent of Islam.
- Pallywood: The filmed entertainment industry of Gaza (with more new studios established since 2006 in Southern Lebanon). Many productions are completed annually and, despite the genre being mainly fantasy, they have successfully ensured that the ‘Palestinians’ are loved throughout the world; particularly by logic-challenged liberals and dumb students. Visit the excellent Second Draft to see the myths of Pallywood deconstructed.
- Political correctness: The elevation of sensitivity over sense.
- Papa Jihad: Osama bin Laden
- Peaceful religionist: a Muslim
- Qur’an or Koran: From MSA:
The holy book of Islam is called the Qur’an. It was revealed unto Muhammad (s.a.w) from Allah through angel Gabriel (Jibril) for a period of 23 years. There is only one Qur’an in the whole world and it is in Arabic language. The Qur’an has one text, one language, and one dialect. It has been memorised by millions of Muslims in different parts of the world.
I call it, along with the hadith (q.v.), the Hate Manual, because it justifies, sanctions, and promotes all manner of repression, intolerance, hatred, murder, and conquest in God’s name. I’ve read it from cover to cover, and it’s a prolix, tedious, incondite, and nonsensical treatise obviously written to suit the aspirations of a violent, narcissistic schemer with grand social and political ambitions. Of course, the Jewish and Christian Bibles also have some of these attributes (although they’re infinitely more valuable as literary works), but the difference with the Qur’an—:as with the hadith—:is that it’s still interpreted literally by all Muslims on Earth. This is not likely to change either, because the Qur’an is believed by Muslims to be the perfect, uncreated, revealed word of God. The Qur’an is also a poor imitation of the important religious texts which it clearly plagiarised, namely the Jewish and Christian bibles along with Zoroastrian and Sabian works.
- Ramadan: Islam’s ‘holy’ month. The the ninth month of the Islamic calendar and a time of fasting and abstinence from sex during the hours between dawn and sunset. It is also supposed to be a time of reflection humility, and spirituality, yet consistently sees a sharp uptick in extreme violence and bloodshed; hence its sometimes being referred to sarcastically as ‘Bombadan’.
- Rule No. One: Never, ever deal or negotiate with terrorists.
- Salafi Islam (Arabic): Pure Sunni Islam from Saudi Arabia (q.v.),. This is as strict and puritanical an interpretation of Islam as one will find. It is sometimes referred to by Westerners as Wahhabism after Muhammad ibn ‘Abd al-Wahhab, who in the eighteenth century formulated this rigidly fundamentalist “return to Islam” ideology. He then forged an alliance with Muhammad ibn Sa’ud through the marriage of their children and their ambitions on the Arabian Peninsula. They established a symbiotic (or Satanic, some would say) relationship which has lasted in the KSA to this day. The house of Sa’ud handles the (theocratic) politics—:and now the outrageous oil revenue. Originally, this provided the protection needed by al-Wahhab to establish and promulgate his strict interpretation of Islam, for which he drew heavily on the traditions of the Kharijites and Islamic scholars such as Ibn Taimiyah. In return for the patronage of the Sa’ud, al-Wahhab, through his religious influence, ensured that the king’s subjects remained loyal to him. Nowadays, the Salafi clerics in the KSA gobble up oil dollars to fund terror and Islamosupremacy throughout the world. See also, Saudi Arabia (q.v.). Salafi Islam is Islam in its purest, most unrefined essence. It is the barbaric, harsh, uncompromising, and deadly Islam that Muhammad left as his legacy. It is the Islam that bin Laden, al-Zarqawi, al-Zawahiri, and any other self-respecting jihad rock star adheres to, and woe be to him who does not believe, and who meets with such people. Muslim and infidel alike are fair game for the sword if they do not conform to the exacting standards of Salafi Islam.
- Saudi Arabia, The Kingdom of (K.S.A.): The home of Islam, named after the house that rules it. This is where Muhammad was born, lived, and launched the Death Cult. From the Arabian Peninsula, the Arab mujahideen conquered a lot of land, decimated a lot of indigenous cultures, and killed a lot of people in their relentless program of spreading the Religion of Peace through expansion of Muslim lands. The relationship of the United States with the KSA is long, complex, deep, and deadly. We’ve turned a blind eye to the imams preaching hatred of the West since we hopped into the geopolitical bed together in the ’30s. We’ve looked the other way as the KSA’s Salafi clerics had hate-preaching mosques built around the world, including on our soil (80% of all mosques in the United States preach Saudi Salafi Islam). We’ve ignored the construction of madrassas (q.v.), churning out Islamic terrorists in Pakistan and Bangladesh, and the export of global of Islamic terror from all of these places. We’ve done it for cheap, readily available oil, of course. The honeymoon is just about over, though, I’d say. It’s only a matter of time before the Salafi clerics can no longer placate the resentment and hatred of a people who were indoctrinated from birth to detest the rank corruption that defines the Saudi royals. The card house of Sa’ud looks ready to fall, and with the largest proven oil reserves on the planet underneath the sands of the Arabian Peninsula, the stakes are high for all of us—incredibly so. Former CIA operative, Robert Baer, succinctly and accurately summed up the situation thus:
Saudi Arabia is more and more an irrational state—:a place that spawns global terrorism even as it succumbs to an ancient and deeply seated isolationism, a kingdom led by a royal family that can’t get out of the way of its own greed. Is this the fulcrum we want the global economy to balance on?
All this Islamic madness, all over the world—it all started in, and on many levels still comes from, Saudi Arabia. Global Security.org has a pretty good rundown of how things work in the KSA.
- Shahid(a) (Arabic): martyr (pl. shuhada) (see: Splodeydope)
- Shaitan/Shaytan (Arabic): Satan (not Miraslov Satan, the hockey player; Satan, the Devil)
- Shalom (Hebrew): Literally, “peace.” Used as a common greeting/farewell among Jews. On the Sabbath, one may say, Shabbat shalom. Shalom aleichem means, “peace to you/be upon you.”
- Shambulance (Brit., colloq.) Movie prop often used in Pallywood (q.v.) productions. An ambulance pressed into service for a propaganda film used to show injured human shields or fake actors being conveyed towards or away from the scene being filmed, lights and sirens at full tilt. Usually found on location in Gaza, Iraq or Lebanon. Often used to carry weapons to avoid scrutiny. Term was coined by the team here at Un:dhimmi (q.v.)!
- Shahada (Arabic): The Muslim testament of faith: “I testify that there is no god but Allah and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah.”
- Shari’ah (Arabic): Islamic law. From MSA:
The Shari’ah is the revealed and the canonical laws of the religion of Islam. The legislative power in the government lies in the hands of legislative assembly. The legislators are to make rules and regulations within the scope and dimensions of the Qur’an and the Sunnah of the Prophet (s.a.w.). These rules constitute the Shari’ah.
Shari’ah law is bad news, my kuffar friends. You can trust us on that.
- Sheikh (Arabic): A a title of reverence given to an elderly person or a religious leader in a community. This title is also given to a wise person.
- Shi’a Islam: Shi’a Islam holds that the first rightful Khilafa (q.v.), (successor to Muhammad and leader of all Muslims) was ‘Ali Ibn Abi Talib, Muhammad’s cousin and son-in-law. The Shi’a pray to their twelve holy imams (q.v.), who they view as infallible , and they believe that the last one—:the Mahdi—:is not dead, but waiting for the end of time to lead the Shi’a to victory in their faith. To Sunni (q.v.), Muslims, this is all shirk (q.v.), and unforgivably blasphemous. There is much bad blood between the Shi’a and the Sunnis, but they will put their differences aside for long enough to kill infidels.
- Shirk (Arabic): Polytheism, imputing to anything the stature, glory, reverence, obedience, love, or respect that belongs to God alone. It is the most severe of sins in Islam, and is unforgivable. What infidels should understand about this crucial element of Islamic ideology is that Muslims see polytheism differently than we do. While we view the worship of more than one deity as a proper definition of the term, Muslims view any way of life outside of strict adherence to the Qur’an (q.v.) and Sunnah (q.v.), Shari’ah (q.v.), to be shirk (q.v.),. Therefore, modern, liberal democratic institutions such as voting, women’s rights, civil liberties, and the rule of representative law are all shirk and abominable. Also see mushrik (q.v.).
- Shura (Arabic): consultation by Islamic leaders with those who are knowledgeable in shari’ah (q.v.) law.
- Splodeydope (Amer. colloq.): A Muslim suicide homicide bomber/terrorist.
- Subhan Allah (Arabic): Glory be to God
- Sunnah From MSA:
In general, the word Sunnah means habit, practice, customary procedure, or action, norm and usage sanctioned by tradition. In specific, any time the word Sunnah is mentioned, it is to refer to Prophet Muhammad (s.a.w.). Here it means his sayings, practices, living habits. The Hadith are reports on the Sunnah. The two major legal sources of jurisprudence in Islam are the Quran and the Sunnah. The Sunnah may confirm what is mentioned in Qur’an, interpret and explain it, specify what is meant by some general verses, limit and restrict the meaning of some verse in it, or may explain something that has been revealed in Qur’an. The Sunnah has a high authority in Islam; and Allah in many places in the Qur’an orders the Muslims to follow the teachings of Prophet Mohammad (s.a.w.).
- Sunni (orthodox) Islam Sunni Islam holds that Abu Bakr As-Siddiq was the first rightful Khalifah (q.v.), (successor to Muhammad, and leader of all Muslims). They adhere strictly to the Islam practised by Muhammad, and they despise the Shi’a practices of elevating men to supernatural status. There is much bad blood between the Sunnis and the Shi’a, but they will put their differences aside for long enough to kill infidels.
- Sura/Surah (also spelled Sura, Arabic: سورة sūrah plural سور suwar): A “chapter” of the Qur’an, traditionally arranged roughly in order of decreasing length. Each surah is named for a word or name mentioned in one of its ayat (sections).
- Taqiyya (Arabic): Lying for the sake of ones religion; concealing ones true religious beliefs for strategic reasons. The concept of al-taqiyya is one historically associated with Shi’a (q.v.) Islam. This is because Sunni (q.v.) Muslims, who believe that the Shi’a are heretics, would impel them to denounce their faith, thinking this would expose them as Mushriqeen (q.v.), when they refused to. In response, the Shi’a would do so, but hold true to their faith in their hearts, thus preserving their faith and their lives. Taqiyya is now used by all Muslims as a means of obscuring Islam’s aims, practices, and aspirations from infidels. More Allah-sanctioned fibbing.
- Tehranhattan Project, The: Iran’s nuclear ambitions and its work to achieve them—so named after the United States’ Manhattan Project in the early forties during WWII.
- Terrorism: We’ll settle for the same general definition of terrorism as the US State Department:
The Intelligence Community is guided by the definition of terrorism contained in Title 22 of the US Code, Section 2656f(d):
- The term terrorism means premeditated, politically motivated violence perpetrated against non-combatant targets by sub-national groups or clandestine agents, usually intended to influence an audience.
- The term international terrorism means terrorism involving the territory or the citizens of more than one country.
- The term terrorist group means any group that practices, or has significant subgroups that practice, international terrorism.
- Terrorist: Someone who meets the above criteria. For us, the two crucial definitive qualities regarding how terrorists endeavour to advance their social/religious/political agenda are: intent to hurt or kill; and hurting or killing unarmed and/or helpless people, and sometimes property. It’s people getting hurt and killed which is most important for us to address, though. Also, we’d like to note that while it is certainly true that not all Muslims are terrorists, we cannot deny that most terrorists are Muslims. It’s not politically correct (q.v) to say that, but it is nonetheless true. And on the topic, the mainstream media has adopted the maddeningly frustrating policy of not wanting to offend terrorists. So now there are all sorts of euphemistic terms for terrorists, and Daniel Pipes has compiled a list:
- Criminals (This one actually isn’t too bad, we think.)
Another one we have spotted that is used increasingly, particularly at the diversity-intoxicated al-Beeb (q.v.) is:
- ‘Men’ i.e. ‘a group of..’ Guaranteed 100% Muslim and Islam-free
And the best one of all:
Activists. If we could somehow get Reuters, AFP, and AP to use the word terrorist as it should be used—:i.e., when talking about a terrorist, and not in quotation marks— that would be our Pulitzer. We will add to and amend this list as required.
- Ulema (Arabic): the learned, knowledgeable scholars, clerics, etc. of Islam; plural form of alim.
- Un:dhimmi: Antonym of dhimmi (q.v.); our good selves..
- Ummah (Arabic): The worldwide community of Muslims.
- Useful Idiot: This is a term coined by Vladimir Lenin to describe Western liberals who defended and apologised for communism. These are people whose blind, self-effacing hatred of their own free society serves as a handy device for totalitarian ideology as a means of deflecting the criticism which comes from the rest of us who are sane and unwilling to compromise morality for the sake of multiculturalism (q.v.), or political correctness (q.v.),. They are useful to these calculating ideologues, even though they are idiots. These days, more and more, the useful idiots are quasi-dhimmis (q.v.), shilling for Islam.
- United Nations: next-to-useless but highly anti-Semitic international NGO/ talking shop primarily run by haters of America, Britain and Israel.
- Victimology: (Muslim): In the context of this blog, the art and science of maintaining a perpetual state of victimhood for the purposes of securing sympathy from the credulous (general public, multiculturalists, politicians), particularly those that can secure funding or other support.
- Waqf (Arabic): an Islamic religious endowment, wherein the property (land or otherwise) is entrusted to God in perpetuity to be used for the benefit of Muslims. Muslim land, past and present, and the totality of its respective awqaf (pl.) are considered to be the eternal property of God and His servants (Muslims). Israel, for instance, is considered to be an Islamic waqf, and therefore not open to appropriation by Jews, even though its their homeland.
- War on Terror: This term is a misnomer. We are fighting a war specifically on Islamic jihad, not on a vague, nameless concept of “terror.” The so-called War on Terror is America’s and Israel’s legitimate response to Islam’s explicitly declared, unprovoked, and unjustified offensive war on their ideals, values, and unarmed citizens. Terror is a word. Jihad is a way of life and a means to an end.
- Why Do They Hate Us?: This is the perennial question asked by every left-leaning moral relativist (q.v.) in response to Islamic terror visited upon Western targets. Guess what? we don’t care why they hate us. There is no cause so worthy, no grievance so urgent, no mission from God so insanely important that it justifies flying airliners into skyscrapers or blowing up trains , killing thousands of people, or blowing up and shooting innocents in Israel. Period. The mujahideen hate America, the West and Israel for two simple reasons. The first is that they are convinced that their religion is not only the one true faith, but that it also entitles them to drag all of us into it as well, by peaceful or violent means. The second reason is that America, the West and Israel are the antithesis of this bizarre death cult mentality. We rule ourselves, we tolerate diversity, we design and produce the most advanced and important technology in the world, and we don’t appease lunatics who kill us because God said to. We are the anti-Islam. the Un:dhimmi (q.v.)
- ……… Will not be down for breakfast: Is dead. Often used when mentioning the killing of an Islamic terrorist, e.g. ‘Sheikh Yassin will not be down for breakfast’.
- Youths: MSM (q.v.) euphemism for Muslim thugs, generally males under 25 and usually in the context of riotous behaviour in urban settings, such as the Banlieues, the Parisian suburban Muslim ghettoes, which have become no-go zones for the police. Youths demonstrate a proclivity for holding Carbecues (q.v.) in protest at perceived insults ranged against either themselves or Allah (q.v.)
- Zionism: Here is the dictionary definition for Zionism from The American Heritage Dictionary of the English Language: Fourth Edition:
A Jewish movement that arose in the late 19th century in response to growing anti-Semitism and sought to re-establish a Jewish homeland in ‘Palestine’. Modern Zionism is concerned with the support and development of the state of Israel.
Put simply, Zionism is the right of the Jewish state of Israel to exist within defined and defended borders, and the right to provide security for its citizens. The Arab/Muslim world and the useful idiots (q.v.) of the far left have ascribed a pejorative meaning to the words Zionism and Zionist, equating them with racism (the UN, by the way, endorsed that idea in an official resolution), fascism, and even going so far as to call Zionists and Jews Zionazis. Beautiful, lovely people.
- Zionist Entity, The: A name given by Arabs/Muslims to Israel—the Jewish homeland they refuse to acknowledge as a legitimate state, and which they are fond of blaming many of their problems on. Also a source of their many wild-eyed conspiracy theories.